We are proud to share that we have been awarded the Mechanical Services package for the Logan Hospital Expansion being undertaken by John Holland in Brisbane.
Logan is one of the fastest growing regions in the state with more than 70,000 additional dwellings expected in the area by 2041.
This expansion will enhance the clinical services delivered at the Logan Hospital and improve facilities for patients, visitors and staff.
- The vertical expansion of Building 3 by three clinical levels and one additional level for plant, with infill of the existing ground level, currently a car park under Building 3, to provide additional clinical support and services capability.
- Extensive refurbishment and repurposing of operational services in Building 1
The Building 3 vertical expansion will deliver:
- Five 32-bed inpatient units consisting of single and double bedrooms with ensuites, and one 16-bed Intensive Care unit.
- A relocated and expanded pathology department.
- An 8-bed coronary care unit with an adjacent Respiratory and Cardiac clinical measurements and cold shell for future expansion.
- A new acute care of the elderly unit.
- A new education and training space including a simulation suite and a range of clinical support departments; and
- An additional 13 short stay Emergency Department beds.
The infill of the existing ground level of Building 3 will deliver:
- New administrative offices for the clinical and administrative staff relocated from the Emergency Department.
- A 24-bed and 9-chair Transit Care Hub.
- A new Satellite Medical Imaging service that will include a 3T MRI service, fixed X-Ray, Ultrasound and Fluoroscopy services and a warm shell space for a future CT scanner; and
- A relocated Central Equipment Store, Biomedical Technology Services and a new Building Engineering workshop.
The refurbishment within Building 1 will deliver:
- Refurbished and expanded kitchen and food services (including staff dining facilities).
- Refurbished back of house areas (including linen, stores and waste services).